Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Love Tea

I love tea. Since the weather has turned cold, I have switched my tea drinking from iced tea to hot tea. I grew up drinking English Breakfast because that was Mom's favorite tea but I've found I prefer Irish Breakfast. I recently discovered a couple of new flavors. At the Tea Pot & More I found Tea forte's Mojito Marmalade on the discount table. Since I love mojitos, I had to try it. Yummy!!! And it's caffeine free so I can drink it anytime of day. Stash has a Mojito Mint green tea that's also good. Another favorite flavor that I haven't been able to find except at Panera Bread & then you can only buy it by the cup is The Republic Of Tea's Orange Ginger Mint. I'm hoping that my friend at the New Kitchen Store will be able to carry it when she adds The Republic Of Tea to her tea lineup. Orange Ginger Mint is great when my stomach is upset. Ginger provides excellent relief for upset stomachs whether in tea or ginger ale.

I love looking to see what different teas I can find when on vacation. I can usually find something that we don't have in Northern Indiana. My favorite find on vacation was a special tea made just for the Garden View Tea Room in Grand Floridan Resort at Walt Disney World. I loved it so much I bought a tin. Whenever I drink it, I remember the great Afternoon Tea my mom & I enjoyed.

There are many ways to brew tea. I use a tea kettle or electric tea pot to heat water for tea bags. For loose teas I like to use my Tea Drop. It works just like a coffeemaker but the basket is specially designed for loose tea or tea bags. Using it for loose teas means I don't have to try to put tea in a tea ball without spilling it & I don't have tea leaves in the bottom of the cup. I just put the loose tea in the basket, fill the reservoir with water & hit brew. The newest way to brew tea is with my Keurig. There are K-cups from Celestial Seasonings, Twinings, Tazo, Cafe Escapes' Chai & Green Mountain. I can also make Southern Sweet Iced Tea with my Keurig.

International Delight  has made it easy to turn regular black tea into chai with their Chai Latte creamer. I like to add it to Irish Breakfast or English Breakfast.

Here are some links to my favorite tea companies:
Celestial Seasonings
Twinings
Republic Of Tea
Stash Tea
Tea forte
Bigelow Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment