Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas

I love Christmas & tomorrow starts one of my favorite events, Christmas Tree Lighting. Bremen lights the downtown tomorrow night. There will be music by Horizon Ministries, hot chocolate & cookies, a small parade & Santa. Friday night is Plymouth's tree lighting. Santa & Mrs. Claus will arrive on a firetruck. PHS Choir will sing & after the tree is lit, there will be fireworks off the Plymouth Center. I'm hoping to be able to go to Warsaw for their Christmas light display sometime in December. I haven't done that before. Another thing we will try to fit into our schedule is Jingle Rails at Eiteljorg Western Museum in Indy. Last year we took Elle & included the lights at the Zoo & Gardens in the evening. The one event I would love to attend is the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival in Chicago. It's always the Saturday going into Thanksgiving. Wish I could watch the parade but it has switched from WGN to ABC7 which we can no longer get because of the digital conversion. I watched the live stream but it was digitized. Still got to see Mickey & Minnie, Donald & Daisy & all the Disney gang. They changed how they do the lighting. Used to be a staggered lighting with the lighting coming on as Mickey's float when by. Now Mickey counts down & all the lights come on at the same time. I like the old way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment