Saturday, November 26, 2011

Small Business Saturday

Today was Small Business Saturday. I did my part by eating my way through the New Kitchen Store in Walkerton, Indiana. I love when businesses let you sample their goods. I found some things I liked & some I didn't. Loved their Caramel Apple Dumplings. They were made by wrapping apple slices in crescent rolls & putting them in a 9x13 pan then pouring Cousin Carl's Caramel Apple Dip Mix & a can of Mountain Dew over the top & baking for 35 to 45 minutes. I've made something similar from a recipe from Pillsbury but the sauce isn't nearly as good. Also picked up Hood-Strapping Horseradish & Bacon Dip Mix & some Gingerbread Orange tea. It's herbal so I can drink it any time of day without caffeine bothering me. Also grabbed another bag of Cheddar Potato Spice. Love it. I've put it in potato soup & mashed potatoes. Was bummed that my Pooh Trevis mug hadn't come in yet but hopefully in the next week. I didn't go strictly local though. I hit Kohls Happy Thanksgiving sale. I was able to get my Hallmark ornaments at 15% off. Much better deal than buying them from a Hallmark store. I was bummed with this year's ornaments. Tigger wasn't on any of the Pooh ornaments. There wasn't a baseball player for Jackson but Elle found a Barbie ornament she liked. There wasn't really an ornament that just shouted got to have it. Even the Snowbuddies wasn't as cute as in the past. I did get their last Smurfet. I love the Smurfs. I feel like I got a lot accomplished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment